Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mr & Mrs Aukingham of Nottingham

My Beau and I had an amazing weekend in the UK at the wedding of our dear friends Sir Phillip and his lady Sara. Now that they've returned from their Moon of Honey and opened all of their presents, I am finally able to post the wedding bunting that we gave to them in celebration of their nuptials. I hope that they can be reminded of the festive and joyful magic of their wedding day for the many happy years to come.

My future mother-in-law (and faithful fan of the blog) is a whiz with the camera and so I asked her to shoot some photos. I made the flags for the bunting from two kinds of fabrics, a cotton shirting stripe and a cotton toile de jouy. I like the combination of masculine and feminine, it seemed like a pertinent mix just perfect for the occasion. I have so much fun making these buntings that the wedding set will be up on my etsy store soon and I'll be accepting personalized orders: http://www.etsy.com/shop/nataliasaddi

Congratulations to an amazing couple and we wish them a lifetime love and laughter for a happily ever after!






1 comment:

  1. You're so clever at combining fabrics! Whenever I put two together it's like ..... why!!!???? If ever I were to attempt to put three together the fashion police would be on red alert!!

    What a gorgeous keepsake of their special day for Sir Philip and Lady Sara. I'm sure they'll treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete