Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Initialed Dish Towels

Or as my British Beau calls them, Tea Towels. It's Decemeber! I am getting started on this year's Christmas gift early and as I've got lots to think about. This will be my first time going home to the USA for Christmas since moving to france over 5 years ago! Additionally, my fabulously zippy and spunky mother has set up camp with the fabulously mellow & groovy Tom who's got a house full of new step brothers for me to think about AND her friends from France and flying in town to spend the Holidays in their festive abode.

I found these dish towels/tea towels for a real steal at my neighborhood's Drefus Marché St Pierre on Saturday and got busy! So far I've made the ones you see here, destined for the kitchen of my mother's dear friends Marie-Claude & Jean-François, who are brother and sister and not husband & wife, or else they would have gotten one gift between the both of them! But seriously, who wouldn't be happy to get one of these useful things? I seriously I go ga-ga for this ye-olde-world stuff. If I had all the time in the world, 100% of my home linens would be hand embroidered 100% of the time. And if I had even more time than that, they would be seasonally embroidered and rotated out every 4 months. I can't wait to be retired!







No comments:

Post a Comment